What is an API?
An API (Application Programming Interface) is a powerful tool that is provided by most online PM web applications. It allows you to connect to your account database and features through published functions and interact with it in unique and different ways. In the most basic of uses, it “gets ” and “posts ” data through function calls. Developers are able to use this mechanism to connect business systems together and to automate and/or streamline operations. It also makes them able to create features and connect external 3rd party applications drawing from the data within the app directly.
Examples of Add-Ons
Create a light mobile application interface, add an invoicing system onto an application that only tracks tasks/time, provide a client web portal to submit project requests, extract data automatically each week to generate a specialized report, etc.
The Top 20 APIs
For each product, you’ll find a link to a Software we completed, a link to the API documentation, and a link to an integration page.
- Trello – Software – API Documentation – Integrations – Bridge24 for Trello
- Asana – Software – API Documentation – Integrations – Bridge24 for Asana
- Basecamp – Software – API Documentation – Extras – Bridge24 for Basecamp
- Wunderlist – Software – API Documentation
- Todoist – Software – API Documentation
- Jira – Software – API Documentation – Marketplace
- Podio – Software – API Documention – Extensions
- Smartsheet – Software – API Documentation – Extensions
- Wrike – Software – API Documentation – Integrations
- Teamwork – Software – API Documentation – 3rd Party Apps
- Britrix24 – Software – API Documentation – Applications
- eev – Software – API Documentation – Integrations
- Rally – Software – API Documentation – Integrations
- Assembla – Software – API Documentation – Extensions
- Redbooth – Software – API Documentation – Integrations
- Insightly – Software – API Documentation – Integrations
- Redmine – Software – API Documentation – Third Party Tools
- Mavenlink – Software – API Documentation
- LiquidPlanner – Software – API Documentation – Integrations
- AceProject – Software – API Documentation – Bridge24 for AceProject
Featured Partners: Project Management Software
If you’re interested in learning more about top rated project management software, the editors at Project-Management.com actively recommend the following:
monday.com Work OS is the project management software that helps you and your team plan, execute, and track projects and workflows in one collaborative space. Manage everything from simple to complex projects more efficiently with the help of visual boards, 200+ ready-made templates, clever no-code automations, and easy integrations. In addition, custom dashboards simplify reporting, so you can evaluate your progress and make data-driven decisions.
Tackle complex projects with Wrike’s award-winning project management software. Break projects into simple steps, assign tasks to team members, and visualize progress with Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and calendars. Manage resource allocation and forecasting with software that’s easy to launch. Automation and AI features strip away time-consuming admin tasks so you can do the best work of your life. Streamline your practices, align your team, and ensure you hit deadlines and stay on budget.
Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work. Over 80,000 brands rely on Smartsheet for project and work management.