CBIS: Comprehensive Business Improvement Solutions
As a project manager, you face new circumstances on every project and often complex compliance challenges — to say nothing of the ever-present demands for better quality on a lower budget in less time. Addressing the former requires proper management systems, while established business improvement methodologies like Lean Six Sigma enable you to deliver on the latter.
CBIS, an Australian compliance and business improvement training consultancy, offers individually-tailored training in all the major business improvement, management, and project management systems. Their educators are extremely experienced (a minimum Certificate VI for Training and Assessment) and can provide in-house courses as well as offering public training sessions. CBIS takes pride, too, in being able to cater to any skills or experience levels in your organisation.
What’s more, they take pains to minimise business disruption and are deeply committed to achieving results. When clients hire CBIS, they enjoy a truly collaborative experience as they work with both business owners as well as line managers to deliver on your compliance and excellence goals. Thanks to cross-disciplinary expertise across the management systems (ISO standards), business improvement (Lean and Six Sigma), and project management fields, they often produce improvements well beyond expectation.
Project Management Systems courses
CBIS offers project management courses for all the major systems in the project management field, including: Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), PRINCE2, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project Software, and Primavera Pertmaster. They also offer a set of standalone courses in project time, cost, quality, and risk management.
- Project Time, Cost, Quality, and Risk Management: These one-day courses provide a solid foundation for project managers as well as project personnel in each of the four main areas.
- PMBOK: They have both a two-day Introduction and a 5-day full course in the Project Management Body of Knowledge, a collection of what is generally accepted as best practises for project management.
- PRINCE2 courses are available at both the Foundation and Practitioner levels in this simple to follow and very widely used methodology.
- Primavera P6 is one of the most powerful software programs available, especially when it comes to managing highly complex projects. The 3-day training course prepares project managers as well as support personnel to apply it in their work.
- Microsoft Project is one of the best-known packages on the market and this course is ideal for both novice and experienced Project Managers or support personnel who need to apply the software in their work.
- Primavera Pertmaster risk-management solution training is also available.
Business Improvement training courses
CBIS is accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and they offer all the IASSC accredited Lean Six Sigma courses. They’re also certified by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and offer all ASQ certified courses — they are delivered with the ASQ’s course material and all trainees finish the course certified by both CBIS and the ASQ.
Broadly speaking, they offer business improvement courses in Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, as well as the ASQ registered courses:
- Lean courses teach you and your employees the Lean philosophy, which strives towards perfection in all business and commercial processes. The goal is to trim away all ineffective practises and unnecessary expenses while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Six Sigma, the philosophy which Motorola developed in the 1980s, is broadly similar to Lean but focuses more on eliminating defects and mistakes. (The name “Six Sigma” originates with a term which signifies nearly error-free work.)
- Lean Six Sigma combines the two in order to provide the “best of both worlds”, oriented towards giving businesses a set of tools which improve efficiency and effectiveness across the board.
- The ASQ registered courses cover both Lean Six Sigma and Six Sigma from Champion to Black Belt levels, and they are ideal for clients seeking ASQ certification in these fields.
Management Systems courses
Quality, safety, and integrated management systems knowledge is increasingly important for the modern project manager. In many cases meeting certain standards is not optional. Therefore, CBIS offers:
- Quality Management Systems courses to help you and your business attain as well as maintain performance at standards like ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, HACCP, ISO 22000, and more. They also have a team of consultants who can audit your business internally to ensure you will pass the next external audit.
- Safety Management Systems training to ensure your business represents a ‘safe zone’ which meets both local as well as international safety regulations, such as AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHSAS 18001:2007. CBIS is known across Australia for their expertise in helping businesses achieve positive safety gains in the long term.
- Integrated Management Systems courses which will bring you up to speed on various IMS’es and requirements of e.g. ISO 9001:2008.
Recommended Project Management Software
If you’re interested in learning more about top rated project management software, the editors at Project-Management.com actively recommend the following: