A Helpful Guide to Cloud Computing for Small Businesses
Cloud Computing gives a company the advantage of technology in a very competitive and ever-changing business environment. Whether the people are glued to their mobile phones, tablets and computers, cloud computing can grant access to information right at the tip of their fingers.
Cloud Computing Overview
Keeping it simple, cloud computing works by storing and accessing information over the Internet. It can give SMEs or small and mid-sized enterprises the programs and tools that are needed to work online in the same way as they are equipped in a machine. A stable and reliable internet connection is all that is really needed. Cloud computing is perfect for any type and size of businesses since it provides an excellent solution in numerous ways, data can easily be accessed at any time even when away from the office, thus making more businesses turn to cloud computing.
Importance of Cloud Computing
One of the best things about cloud computing is that it can help save a business’ time and money by encouraging productivity as well as enhancing collaboration and driving innovation. While there are still others that doubt on the safety of the cloud, SME cloud adoption is increasing. In fact, the New Jersey Institute of Technology presented evidence why businesses need to apply cloud technology, and it turns out that the cloud computing adoption’s top drivers consists of the following: upgraded data backup services, 24-hour access to data, flexibility in the amount of capacity needed, cost savings and the cutting down of on-site infrastructure needed.
In addition, here are the many reasons why your small business needs cloud computing:
- Inexpensive: With cloud computing, there is great utilization and an abundant work flow especially in the face of heavy load. The cloud provider will make use of the hardware requirements, thus lowering the costs. Keep in mind that hiring an IT support onsite can cost too much since skilled IT specialists are extremely expensive.
- Efficient: Cloud computing is great when it comes to efficiency, especially when power is involved. A data center of your own can lead to servers not being used efficiently, which eventually results to energy being wasted. But with a provider, the power used is directly proportional to the usage.
- Flexible: For any company that needs more bandwidth, making use of a cloud-based service means that demands can be met immediately as their remote servers accommodate a huge capacity.
- Robust: Safe storage and data is extremely necessary to businesses, and once they decided to go for a cloud based service, there’s no need to worry when it comes to disaster recovery.
- Accessible: Access is also very important for numerous businesses. With cloud computing, it can allow employees to be in sync and at the same time work on documents side by side. This can also mean that businesses can make maximize use of their employees since they can work away from the office.
Keeping the Data Secure
Cloud safety is all about searching for the right vendors and enforcing technology that focuses on both data encryption and identity verification. Businesses need to put in mind that data safety doesn’t work on its own. They need to be more strategic especially when adopting security systems.
One surefire way to protect important information is to code data as it enters, rests and leaves the cloud and this could be done by weighing data loss prevention tools. DLPs are the ones that monitor data leakage and they make sure that the transportation of data to and from the cloud are secure.
Cloud computing is one of the most substantial trends with regards to shaping technology for the small business market. In general, if you are aiming to grow your company and are limited when it comes to your finances, cloud computing provides numerous benefits.
Recommended Project Management Software
If you’re interested in learning more about top rated project management software, the editors at Project-Management.com actively recommend the following: