Overview PresentationPivotaltracker.com is an easy-to-use management tool for improved communication, dealing with customer feedback and reliable estimates. It aims to increase visibility by bringing together all stakeholder groups and incorporating their opinions. The software will also decrease product to market time by prioritizing customer issues and highlighting the crucial aspect of the software development process.
Features, Benefits and Strengths
- One View – Pivotal Tracker‘s fantastic synchronization ensures that all team members have the most up-to-date information, thus reducing reporting time and owner anxiety. It also produces a history of the development progress and highlights what crucial aspects need to be tackled next. It further visualizes progress through charts and story breakdown, while allowing user alterations.
- Real-time Collaboration – The software creates a virtual working environment, which doesn’t need refreshing and encourages conversation. It further keeps up-to-date via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Campfire. Developers can attach mock-ups and later turn them into working software. Users can organize by label and stay connected in a Campfire chat.
- iOS Compatibility – With Pivotal Tracker an owner can run his business directly from his Apple device thanks to the fully integrated multi-touch interface. The My Work panel features issues that need urgent attention. That way, an owner can record stories while on the move and access every aspect of his business even when not connected to the internet.
- Great Agility – The Tracker provides reliable estimates of future iterations, using past performance, and creates trustworthy deadlines. The software channels all workflow through one location and promotes easier management and reporting. The feedback loop monitors whether the client is satisfied with the software changes.
PricingThere are a couple of usage plans available:
- Start-up plans: $7/m for 3 collaborators and $18 for 7, and these offer only community support
- Pro plans: $50/m for 10 c., $100/, for 25 c., and $175/m for 50 c., all of which come with priority e-mail support.
Social Network Presence
Pivotal Tracker is intended for software development companies which require a more efficient method to monitor progress on their projects. It is intended as a mobile way of operating the whole business and keeping track of everything. The software is provided free of charge for non-profits, public projects and academic institutions.
Although there is no obvious statement in that regard on the website, it seems the software is available only in English. The user community expressed a desire to translate, so there may be changes soon.
Some of Their Clients
Some famous Pivotal Tracker clients include: AboutUs.org; Urban Dictionary, Venture Hacks, GNIP, Engine Yard, New Relic, Grockit, highgroove studios, Scrum, Inc., Threadless, Groupon, Sharethrough, Thoughtbot, Safew Labs, and TallyZoo.com.
“I had been using discreet PM tools, for 4 years, till the day I found Pivotal. It just works. A total no nonsense tool, with all that’s required for a project. I give to every new induction in my company and they just fall in love with it. Makes the Project Agile.”
“We’ve been using Pivotal Tracker for some time now, across many different size projects. The more we use it, the more useful it becomes. Tracker gives us a level control and visibility into our projects unlike we’ve ever had with any other tool.”
“We use Tracker to plan & communicate what software is being built at any given second, be super responsive to our customers, and stay ahead of our competition. We couldn’t do it without it. There’s no better tool to manage an agile development process. “
Why Pivotal Tracker?
Pivotal Tracker ensures that all information is distributed amongst the members of the development team and that they know the interdependence of their work. The program provides reliable estimates to schedule milestones and important events. It can collaborate with Google Apps for a pleasant and efficient working experience.
A recognized leader in agile software development, Pivotal Labs creates specific tailored software for big companies. They pride themselves on highly useful, highly specialized programs to increase client efficiency and lower costs to an affordable price. Their experienced team is flexible depending on workload demand and the financial capabilities of their client.
Explore Additional Project Management Resources
Learn more about project management by exploring the following project management software reviews & project management software comparisons including Monday.com vs Jira, Monday.com software review, Aha! Software or Agile vs Waterfall.