ProofHub Pros and Cons – With 3 ProofHub Alternatives
Project management enables teams to deliver projects that advance the business goals of their clients, whether internal or external clients. Project managers provide leadership and direction to the team, so that team members do their best work. Project teams who understand their objective, who are motivated and inspired to give their best effort have good chances of delivering their projects successfully. And all these are possible through the leadership of the project manager who gives them direction and purpose, removes roadblocks, and maintains control.
However, project managers need all the help they can get to do all these things. Project management software like ProofHub makes it easier for project managers and their project teams. PM software provides the necessary tools to help teams plan, collaborate, organize, and deliver projects on time. As a result, they are able to work together easily, without delay, and efficiently.
ProofHub is an online project management software that brings together the tools every team needs for on-time project delivery and on-point team accountability. It provides a centralized workspace where all communication and collaboration can happen. It has modern visual tools that are easy to learn and use. Since its launch in 2011, the PM software is now being used by more than 85,000 teams and businesses, including big names such as Netflix, Disney, and Nike. Teams are tracking time, automating tasks, and communicating with their team members and clients using one tool.
Top 3 ProofHub Alternative Software
ProofHub Software Uses
ProofHub is being used by teams of all sizes, in the office, remotely, or while on the move, in a variety of business situations.
- For feedback and approval. Teams working with clients are able to save time with quick feedback of work in progress, and approval of finalized work. It is easy to use but powerful online tool where users can upload their work, share with stakeholders, and get feedback instantly. It has built-in markup tools, threaded comments, and file versioning.
- For efficient task management. Teams easily create tasks and subtasks, assign them, add labels, set dates and estimates, track time, and more. It also has tools to handle recurring tasks, file attachments, and proofing, where reviews, collaboration, and approvals all happen in one place.
- For project planning. ProofHub has tools and features for planning all kinds of projects. It has a Gantt chart for timeline view, custom workflows and Kanban boards, project manager and custom roles, among other features.
- For file management. As a file management system, teams have a central place that can accommodate all kinds of file formats. It integrates with popular file-sharing apps like Google Drive, OneDrive, Box and Dropbox. Sharing files is easy with a few clicks, while feedback is also possible with its proofing tool.
- For time tracking. When teams work on tasks and projects, it is easy to lose the sense of the time. This PM tool has timesheets, manual time entry, and automatic time trackers. It can also generate time reports, with advanced search tools and an option for the private view to limit visibility.
The Cons or Disadvantages of ProofHub
ProofHub users are generally satisfied with the software. However, there is always room for improvement.
- Limited integration. Currently, the PM software integrates with many file sharing apps, as well as Google Calendar, iCal, and Freshbooks. However, for some teams, this list needs to get a little longer.
- Needs a better interface. Some users complain that several items in the interface did not work, and the UI was a bit clunky.
- Too many notifications. Several users have complained that ProofHub sends too many notifications without options to control or customize them.
- Missing messages/tasks. There were reported instances that not all messages show in the chat tool. Also, some tasks sometimes disappear, but refreshing the page makes some other things disappear, too, probably due to bugs.
- Good for simple projects for small teams. ProofHub can handle small cross-functional teams very well for general project management. However, users recommend using other solutions for larger teams and highly complex projects.
The Pros or Advantages of ProofHub
Teams with requirements that are adequately addressed by ProofHub have no complaints with the software.
- Easy to set up and use. As a general PM tool, it is easy to get started with. The response time is fast, the 30-day free trial period is generous.
- Great proofing tool. A file management system that handles all kinds of files, communication and collaboration tools for fast feedback, and built-in approval process for a streamlined workflow.
- A good combination of tools and features. ProofHub offers more options to help teams plan projects, complete tasks, track time, organize files, and collaborate with each other. Gantt charts with dependencies, Kanban boards, calendars, chats, discussions, timers and timesheets, and more.
- Powerful file management and generous storage. Users are very satisfied with using the tool as a document management solution. Aside from a powerful organizing tool and advanced search, it is also easy to share files with download links.
- Affordable solution. With a simple pricing plan, it is very attractive to freelancers and small teams. It has no per-user fee and includes unlimited users. Core features are good enough to start with and is also available in six languages.
ProofHub is a project management platform that supports collaboration for all stakeholders. Because it is easy to use and highly accessible, it becomes easy for all involved to provide the right information. Therefore, with clear vision and direction, a project team with high morale can do their best work for the success of all.