BUGtrack Software Review: Overview – Features – Pricing
BUGtrack is a leading bug tracking tool widely being used by organizations for quite a while now, and has been developed by Chicago-based software firm, ForeSoft Corporation. It’s a comprehensive web-based issue tracking and project-management system that assists to enhance overall project organization, support cross-functional operation, cut down bug resolution time, besides helping to plan and analyze the performance of a team at all levels. It’s very simple to use and has a web-based interface. In addition, the tool provides the entire set of reporting, workflow, recording and other convenient features.
Features, Benefits, Product Strengths
- Increases the accessibility and accuracy of information – Centralizing issues and project management on the web using BUGtrack enhances the precision and accessibility of information, enabling team members to make effective and timely decisions. Users in any organization can gain access to the tool and manage real-time information of the project from any part of the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by using a web browser of their choice.
- Provides greater collaboration – Since all the features of BUGtrack are accessible online, it automatically provides for greater collaboration and sharing of information among group members, permitting them to monitor issues and projects and make the necessary modifications if required. The changes can be easily tracked by users. They can also be notified by emails when files are added, removed or updated.
- Way beyond the boundaries – Every subscription of BUGtrack is available without any limits. This indicates that you can have countless number of projects, bug entries, issues besides an unrestricted amount of storage space online, which can be used for attachments. The tool is genuinely scalable to back the requirements of big organizations with multiple locations and hundreds of projects. It works equally well for smaller organizations who have a handful number of projects to manage.
- Robust reporting features – The powerful reporting features of BUGtrack permit you to oversee project management operations and bug tracking issues within your organization. This can help you make an informed decision, thereby reducing errors and problems. The tool has an easy-to-use report builder for making unlimited reports that can be executed whenever you want.
- Unmatched security – BUGtrack provides maximum security at the highest possible performance rate. This ensures that unauthorized users do not get access to core information without prior permission. With the help of top notch data servers, customizable levels of password-protecting feature, and Security Socket Layer or SSL accelerators, BUGtrack has a relatively increased level of security compared to other providers.
BUGtrack offers a 14-day free trial to its users. If you want to continue after this period, just enter your credit card details and the information collected during your trial will be transferred to your permanent account. It’s normally available in two editions-standard and professional. Based on your need, you can either choose to upgrade or downgrade your subscription whenever you want. The standard version comes at $99 per month while the professional version is available at $199/month.
Social Network Presence
No social network presence.
BUGtrack is meant for organizations with a massive employee size, huge magnitude of projects and increased number of test cycles.
Some of their Clients
Clients include Optimation, The Bankers Bank, Vodafone NZ Limited, Alpha Helix AB, Trade Settlement Inc, MortgageSA and AEGON Canada Inc among others.
Jens Nitzschke at NAVTEQ K.K., Japan states that BUGtrack is reliable, speedy and easy to use even over long distance from Japan.
Adriaan du Toit at MortgageSA offers his thankfulness for this “awesome product” and says that the company is very impressed. He further adds that the quality of the software is equally matched by the services of their support team.
While there is no harm in using an excel sheet to track/record and emails to communicate/alert/report-as the volume of the project, the count of the users involved and the number of test cycles grow, it becomes pertinent to have a stronger mechanism in place that can make the management of these issues consistent and simpler. BUGtrack has been devised to enable the same so that you can purely focus on other important issues within your organization.
BUGtrack is a product of ForeSoft Corporation, which is an application service provider that offers state-of-the art Web-based technology solutions for customer support automation and project management. The products and services of ForeSoft Corporation are not only easy to learn and use, but are highly secure and reliable too. The company was founded in 2001 and has earned a great reputation among organizations all across the globe.