1. Creative IdeasThis one should seem obvious, but a creative team should be able to generate creative and innovative ideas. This can take a project from being good enough, to great. If the members of your team aren’t very creative, you can’t expect the ideas they come up with dazzle you. If you’re looking for ideas that are outside the box, you need creative people. They actually think differently.
2. Problem SolvingThere is often more than one solution to a problem. Finding creative solutions to problems can be a little more elegant than the obvious ones. Sometimes the creative solutions are the only ones that work. The greatest inventors have always had a creative mind when it comes to solving some of our biggest daily problems. Having a diverse team of creative people can often lead to some pretty interesting solutions. They may even be able to solve the almost impossible issues on your project.
3. They’re EfficientCreative people actually focus and work harder when they’re being creative. If you’re looking for a team that won’t drag its feet, make sure they’re creative. They’re also able to understand when something just isn’t working. They won’t waste time trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, they’ll find another solution. Likely a creative one.
4. They Have UnderstandingAlthough being creative is often associated with having a higher IQ, it’s not what you may think. Being creative is just about having the ability to connect the dots. Some people will view this as intelligence. When working on your project, they’ll be able to have an understanding of the big picture. You’ll be able to rely on them to connect the dots between their task and the overall goal.
5. Many LeadersPutting creative people on a diverse team will encourage them all to take leadership roles within their own work. There are several leadership skills that creative people possess. They’ll be able to work things out without the intervention of a project manager. Having a creative team is like having several micro-managers on the team already. Take advantage of these qualities.
6. Results OrientedHiring creative people means hiring people that are results oriented. This will mean less time figuring out how to get there, and more time actually working on getting there. That’s music to most project manager’s ears. Having a creative team, or at least some members of the team that are highly creative can make a big difference in how the project is managed. The less you need to work with the team and the more they can just execute will be a big help.
Featured Partners: Project Management Software
If you’re interested in learning more about top rated project management software, the editors at Project-Management.com actively recommend the following: