Web Apps Marketplace
Latest Articles (10)
Hub Planner is a cloud-based resource planning, scheduling and time tracking software that is more effective than spreadsheets. It is flexible enough to be used for teams and projects of different sizes. It can be tailored to work for almost any industry, whether digital, construction, retail and others. Questions such as who is working on what, and can the business take on another client or not, will not be a problem anymore as users easily see a complete overview of assignments, availability, vacations, and more.
Features, Benefits, Product Strengths
- Powerful yet Easy to use Booking – Hub Planner makes the booking of project time very easy. As an online application using the latest web technology, no software download, installation or configuration is needed. Set up for a new account, input of resources and booking of project time can all be completed in a few minutes.
Globalization and a highly competitive environment have triggered the need for proof of competency in the form of diplomas, licenses and certifications. Employers and organizations are looking for assurance that the person they want to be part of their team has completed relevant formal education, has been tested to perform successfully the required skills, and has been approved to engage in such activity or discipline by an educational institution or a recognized professional or government body. Certification clearly has several advantages. They enhance a person’s credibility, often distinguishing the holder from those who do not have it. eCornell offers online certificate programs to students around the world.
As globalization becomes the norm, distributed, cross-cultural project teams are also becoming more common. This brings additional complications in already complex projects. The project management profession has developed standards, methodologies, practices, tools and a regularly visited body of knowledge that have helped managers plan, organize, implement, monitor and control projects in all its stages. In other words, the hard skills have helped people produce and maintain a degree of predictability and order. What they sometimes forget or neglect is that people are still at the heart of projects. According to Ruffin Veal III, leadership is in charge of producing change, and without it, projects fail to bring about the desired change it was supposed to make in the first place.
Introducing Ruffin Veal III
Odoo is a web-based open-source platform for integrated business applications written in Python by a global network comprised of over 1500 active community members. Odoo’s business apps are elegantly programmed and customized to manage numerous companies and versatile businesses internationally. With over two million users, Odoo formerly known as openERP, has over 3000 internationally accredited business apps, such as Odoo CRM, HR procurement, Odoo Accounting, Odoo Project Management among other applications developed specifically for use by every department of a business related company/organisation.
Features, Benefits and Product Strengths
- Elegant and Comprehensive Business Management Applications - Odoo’s business applications are precisely customized to run certain distinctive and crucial operations within their respective departments. This include Project Management, invoicing, and bookkeeping to efficiently manage contracts and company incurred costs respectively.
Individuals and organizations alike have realized that to succeed in today’s business world, they should be practicing project management. Whether as a professional in a project manager role, or a company aiming for competitiveness, profitability and longevity, it has been established that PM knowledge, skills, and the ability to apply it are critical components. Thus, there has been an increasing interest and demand for project management training. However, each individual, organization, and project has its unique requirements. The Corporate Education Group is an expert in providing training solutions that address the specific challenges of their clients.
Introducing Corporate Education Group
Founded in 1987, the Corporate Education Group (CEG) has been providing tailored solutions that are relevant, actionable and practical for each of their clients. Originally called the Boston University Corporate Education Center, it has focused for nearly 25 years its corporate training and consulting services on the areas of project management, business analysis, process improvement, leadership, people management, and professional certification. Read the Complete Article
Project success is based on many different factors. Below is a list of tips/reminders that every project manager should review and keep handy to help projects stay on track.
Which project management tip do you like the most?
- Planning is the most critical phase of the project because of the key decisions that are made.
- Customer must inform the PM of changes in the environment that would affect the deliverables.
- Project kickoff involves setting expectations and understanding how the project will be run.
- A project is successful when the needs of both the customer and the organization have been satisﬁed.
- The goal of initiation is to set direction, what the project should accomplish, and identify constraints.
- The issues list is maintained by the PM and is updated for each project team meeting.
A responsibility assignment matrix, otherwise known as an RACI matrix, is an incredibly useful tool which project managers can use to accurately track the various roles and responsibilities of their team. RACI is an acronym of Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed.
This identifies those who do the work to achieve the desired outcome in a task. There is always at least one person in a project deemed as Responsible, although others can be delegated to assist that role.
The word ‘approver’ could also be used in this context, as this describes the person who will ultimately approve the completion of a task, as delivered by the Responsible.
Often the people in this category are experts on a particular subject whose knowledge in that area is sought in order to improve the outcome of a project. Read the Complete Article
Have you ever tried thinking about starting a project, but the more you think about it, the more you feel lost and your project looks like its destined to doom? Have you ever started a project but it just won’t go as you hoped it would? Project management is an art in itself and not everyone is an artist. From project’s inception to its completion, there are steps involved that require planning and correct execution. If done right, the project can turn out to be a success, or otherwise can cost you a lot of time, money and effort. All of this can be prevented by planning your project from its initiation to its end with a professional like Brad Egeland.
Introducing Brad Egeland
Conflict management, problem solving and decision making are topics that are generally considered to be distinct, but are actually interconnected such that they are used together to come up with the most feasible solution.
To come to the best possible outcome of a problem on the basis of sufficient information, certain problem solving steps need to be used. Some of these are as follows:
- Scrutinizing the problem
- Outlining the issue; solutions depends on the way it is outlined
- Detecting the main reasons which allowed the problem to occur
- Identifying the series of techniques to apply, and their outcomes
- Produce alternative options through processes such as brainstorming, discussions between groups and other discrete processes
- Choosing the simplest method that resolves the root cause
- Implementing the chosen method
- Monitoring and reviewing the execution
The flaw with this process is that it assumes there exists an ideal outcome, the information is available to reach this outcome, and the people taking part in the process are acting rationally. Read the Complete Article
WORKetc is a web-based all-in-one business management software for small and medium-sized companies. It has CRM, project management, social-styled collaboration and billing functions that can help a company manage its business from end to end. It is the central place to work on sales, projects, products or tickets by teams who can be anywhere. Companies can have great savings with a cloud-based business software that is ready to deploy and flexibly grows with the company. Owners and IT managers can forget about costly and complicated integrations of multiple platforms as well.
Features, Benefits, Product Strengths
- CRM and Sales – WORKetc has CRM and sales management features that allow users to capture sales leads from multiple channels such as web forms, mobile devices, and emails. They can view the complete customer history and view that which is critical to closing the deal with custom fields.