Top Software Alternatives to Mavenlink
Professional services automation software enables organizations to run their business using a consolidated platform instead of multiple separate tools. Professional services organizations use PSA software like Mavenlink to provide integrated project management, resource management, project accounting, and team collaboration features for effective project, task, team, and revenue tracking. Customers looking for Mavenlink competitors and alternatives have several options available to them today.
Read also: Mavenlink Software Review
Table of Contents
- What Is Mavenlink?
- Our Top Picks for Mavenlink Alternatives
- Mavenlink Alternatives: What to Look for
- Top Software Alternatives to Mavenlink
- Ready to Try a Mavenlink Alternative?
What Is Mavenlink?
Mavenlink is a professional services automation platform with built-in project management software. It also has features for resource and operations management, business intelligence, workflow management, and team communication and collaboration. It has comprehensive project management capabilities for managing and tracking tasks, resources, project financials, hours, and other operations data. It also offers advisory services, professional services, and customer success assistance.
Mavenlink customers are mostly located in the United States and North America. The majority of customers belong to marketing, IT, software, and related companies. It recently merged with Kimble, increasing their combined market share and establishing Mavenlink among the key players in the PSA and project management software industries.
Our Top Picks for Mavenlink Alternatives
Users in search of Mavenlink alternatives can explore our top project management software recommendations, which can provide full professional services automation functionality.
Mavenlink Alternatives: What to Look for
Mavenlink project management software gives companies a single platform for greater control, clarity, and confidence in running their business and serving customers. Users in search of alternatives to Mavenlink should take note of the following important features, which are essential in professional services automation software:
- Dynamic dashboards with real-time data across projects, tasks, and teams
- Multiple work views, including portfolio and Gantt chart views
- Resource planning tool with capacity forecast and resource allocation features
- Business analysis tool for optimal utilization, performance, and profitability
- Skills matching and management
- Project management with visual task management and tracking
- Billable and non-billable time and expense tracking, and timecard approval
- Budget management and invoicing
- Workflow customization and management
- Project health metrics and reporting features for real-time insights
- Process automation and reusable project management templates
- Ready-to-use and custom reports with visualizations
- Easy integration to third-party software
- Seamless collaboration with internal team and external partners
- Role-based, granular permissions and other data security features
Top Software Alternatives to Mavenlink
Here is a list of the best software alternatives to Mavenlink, so your company or project team can find the best solution for your PSA requirements.
monday.com is a flexible and highly visual online work management platform. It’s applicable to a variety of use cases, from coordinating software development to simple task management. A highly customizable table allows users to configure the application and create the workflow that fits their needs.
monday.com includes ready-to-use templates, a drag-and-drop interface, and data visualizations. It also has real-time dashboards, mobile apps for iOS and Android, and exportable images that keep everyone updated. Features like workdocs, searchable boards, and file storage also support collaboration. It has a growing list of native integrations, as well as a marketplace for ready-made apps.
- Task prioritization and assignment
- Project scheduling
- Flexible workflow boards
- Advanced reporting and analytics are only available in the Enterprise plan
- Users wish for enhanced resource allocation features
Wrike is versatile project management software that enables a team to manage all the moving parts and ongoing processes involved in professional services. It is a customizable platform that offers a single, shared workspace to promote collaboration across the entire company that makes it easy to receive and share information.
Wrike lets users share files, tasks, and reports easily. Users can view work with Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and team calendars. It also has ready-to-use templates, visual proofing, automated approvals, and expense and time tracking. Other features are dashboards, analytics, portfolio management, workflow automation, and integrations.
- Task and workload management
- Project collaboration
- Visual builders and tools
- Needs time tracking and clock improvements
- Users wish for a more intuitive interface for new user
Asana is work, task, and project management software that enables a team to organize from a big picture view down to the smallest details. It uses a data model that gives users all the tools and information they need to remain in sync, meet deadlines, and reach business goals. An integrated collection of tools and features enable teams to map out processes, organize details, automate tasks, customize their workspace, and monitor business revenue — regardless of company size.
Asana offers multiple work views, including workload view to manage team members across projects. It has a visual workflow builder to connect teams, organize work, and streamline projects. Other features include work request forms, rules-based automation, reports, a template library, and native integrations to popular software.
- Task accountability and management
- Project collaboration
- Customizable workflows
- Increasingly complex UI with more features
- Needs better control for notifications and email alerts
Smartsheet is a work collaboration and project management solution. It provides a dynamic workspace, so each team member has access to features and functionality to support their specific tasks and responsibilities. The enterprise-grade software is applicable across the organization, from marketing and IT to PMOs and operations. It helps create a connected experience for sales reps, consultants, and customers.
Smartsheet allows users to automate project and customer data collection, and then streamline validation, assessment, and approval processes. It has features for project management, collaboration, customer reporting, and portfolio management. Other capabilities are request management, workflow automation, and a no-code/low-code solution builder.
- Task lists and assignment
- Project scheduling and tracking
- Collaborative, spreadsheet-like interface
- Onboarding new users can be a challenge
- Users request more direct integrations with apps like Jira
BigTime is professional services automation software that helps companies keep projects on time and on budget. It is a project platform for professional services firms with tools and features to manage people, projects, payments, and profits. Easy timesheet data entry enables accurate tracking of time and expenses. It also has billing and custom invoicing that simplifies payment, revenue, and growth management.
BigTime helps a project manager get real-time visibility and actionable insights in ongoing projects, as well as upcoming ones. It streamlines project budgeting and and cost tracking. An interactive Gantt chart that automatically updates based on staff timesheets and hours allows users to analyze gaps and increase project efficiency. Other features include review and approvals, resource optimization, consolidated reporting, and a mobile app.
- Dashboards and reporting
- Project tracking
- Ease of setup and use
- Limited automation in expense management
- Users wish for a better mobile app experience
Ready to Try a Mavenlink Alternative?
Project management software, whether integrated in a professional services automation platform like Mavenlink, or as standalone software, is vital for service providers and their customers. With the right project management features, professional services organizations are able to respond quickly to project and team changes, allowing them to serve customers more effectively.
Read next: Best PSA Software & Tools for 2022