A Google project management certificate is a great choice for anyone looking to start a career in project management. It is a way to leverage and build upon existing skills, but doesn’t require any prior project management experience. The course is also a good vehicle for anyone looking for a career change. You’ll gain formal training to enhance your existing project management skill set.
Read more: How to Get a Project Management Internship
What Is a Project Management Certification?
A project management certificate is a professional credential that can be earned by anyone interested in enhancing their career opportunities, learning a new skill set, and gaining access to career support resources. A Google project management certification is an optional credential you can earn through Grow with Google by passing a series of courses. Coursera is an online course provider that works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, certifications, and degrees, including the Google project management certificate.
This certification, offered by Google through Coursera, is designed to help you discover how to initiate, plan, and manage projects efficiently and effectively. It incorporates both traditional and agile project management methods.
Benefits of a Google Project Management Certification
There are multiple benefits to obtaining a project management certification. Which one is most relevant to what you want to achieve?
- Learn a new skill set and share an earned certificate with your professional network.
- Demonstrate dedication to your role and career path by building on knowledge you already have.
- Gain recognition as an experienced professional in your industry.
- Earn more money through better job opportunities, promotions, and raises.
- Gain knowledge to train and hire others and to build a successful team.
How Much Is the Coursera Google PM Certification?
The Google project management professional certification from Coursera is a program of six courses, which takes six months or less to complete. It costs less than $300 to study and test for the following courses:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project
- Project Planning: Putting It All Together
- Project Execution: Running the Project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World
What Is Covered in the Google PM Certification Course?
The program teaches a focused skill set designed specifically to enhance an understanding of basic project management. It also qualifies you for over 100 hours of project management education, preparing you for additional professional project management certifications such as PMI-ACP and CAPM. The courses include:
- Professional training designed by Google to get you on the fast-track to a competitively paid job
- An immersive understanding of the practices and skills needed to succeed in an entry-level project management role
- The foundations of agile project management, with a focus on implementing Scrum events, building Scrum artifacts, and understanding Scrum roles
- How to create effective project documentation and artifacts throughout the various phases of a project
- Practice in strategic communication, problem-solving, and stakeholder management through real-world scenarios
Read next: How to Write a Project Proposal
Featured Partners: Project Management Software
monday.com Work OS is an award-winning no-code work management platform that helps teams manage projects and workflows more efficiently.
Used by 152,000+ customers worldwide, this fully customizable software lets you plan, manage, and track every project in one place. monday.com offers time-saving and easy-to-use features such as automations, time tracking, document sharing, and real-time collaboration. Multiple board views such as Gantt and Kanban help you structure and navigate tasks and projects the way you prefer, and dashboards give a high-level overview of your progress.
In addition, integrations with apps such as Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Gmail, and Excel, allow you to easily continue working with your favorite tools from within the platform. monday.com also offers dedicated solutions, such as monday dev and monday sales CRM, designed to answer the needs of specific industries.
Wrike is the ultimate solution for managing projects.
Discover the power of Wrike’s award-winning project management software. Maximize productivity using Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and calendars. Streamline resource allocation, drive team alignment, and enhance forecasting. Benefit from AI-driven automation to save time on admin. Deliver impressive results, hit deadlines, and stay within budgets while elevating your team’s performance.
Smartsheet is a leading work execution platform that has real-time work management features, collaboration and automation tools. Users are presented with a familiar and easy-to-use spreadsheet-like interface. However, it has enterprise-grade capabilities that even Fortune 500 companies like Cisco, Bayer, HP, and PayPal are confident to adopt in their business. Strong project management features enable teams to utilize different views of real-time data, and switch easily from Gantt, card, grid and calendar views. Smartsheet has automatic update requests, and can be used for waterfall and agile projects, product launch, sprint planning, and more. The resource management feature provides users the visibility who is busy, and who is not, in real-time. They can also attach files, share sheets, get notified, view the activity log, export, email, and print.