A Google project management certificate is a great choice for anyone looking to start a career in project management. It is a way to leverage and build upon existing skills, but doesn’t require any prior project management experience. The course is also a good vehicle for anyone looking for a career change. You’ll gain formal training to enhance your existing project management skill set.
Read more: How to Get a Project Management Internship
What Is a Project Management Certification?
A project management certificate is a professional credential that can be earned by anyone interested in enhancing their career opportunities, learning a new skill set, and gaining access to career support resources. A Google project management certification is an optional credential you can earn through Grow with Google by passing a series of courses. Coursera is an online course provider that works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, certifications, and degrees, including the Google project management certificate.
This certification, offered by Google through Coursera, is designed to help you discover how to initiate, plan, and manage projects efficiently and effectively. It incorporates both traditional and agile project management methods.
Benefits of a Google Project Management Certification
There are multiple benefits to obtaining a project management certification. Which one is most relevant to what you want to achieve?
- Learn a new skill set and share an earned certificate with your professional network.
- Demonstrate dedication to your role and career path by building on knowledge you already have.
- Gain recognition as an experienced professional in your industry.
- Earn more money through better job opportunities, promotions, and raises.
- Gain knowledge to train and hire others and to build a successful team.
How Much Is the Coursera Google PM Certification?
The Google project management professional certification from Coursera is a program of six courses, which takes six months or less to complete. It costs less than $300 to study and test for the following courses:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project
- Project Planning: Putting It All Together
- Project Execution: Running the Project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World
What Is Covered in the Google PM Certification Course?
The program teaches a focused skill set designed specifically to enhance an understanding of basic project management. It also qualifies you for over 100 hours of project management education, preparing you for additional professional project management certifications such as PMI-ACP and CAPM. The courses include:
- Professional training designed by Google to get you on the fast-track to a competitively paid job
- An immersive understanding of the practices and skills needed to succeed in an entry-level project management role
- The foundations of agile project management, with a focus on implementing Scrum events, building Scrum artifacts, and understanding Scrum roles
- How to create effective project documentation and artifacts throughout the various phases of a project
- Practice in strategic communication, problem-solving, and stakeholder management through real-world scenarios
Read next: How to Write a Project Proposal