For professionals starting their career in project management, courses and certifications are highly recommended to prepare for job market success. However, TechRepublic Academy is hosting a free project management course from Upskillist (formerly known as Shaw Academy). This free course is for those looking for a low-stakes way to get an idea of what project management is all about.
Also read: What is Project Management?
Upskillist’s Free Project Management Course on TechRepublic Academy
|Time Commitment||4 weeks|
|Credential||Certificate of completion|
This free 4-week course introduces learners to core concepts and methodologies of project management. It is an introductory course, so there are no prerequisites.
It’s important that you complete the course within a 4-week period to obtain the credential during the free 4-week trial period.
What exactly is covered in the course?
Project management entails many moving parts that need to be tracked and managed consistently over time. This project management course covers the following subject areas of project management:
- Project management team roles and responsibilities
- Project cope, deliverables, goals, objectives, and milestones
- Project planning, including dependencies, estimations, and diagrams
- Project cost, timeline, as well as quality control
- Project monitoring
- Project leadership techniques
- Change management
- Vendor management
- Risk management
Gaining a solid understanding of these building blocks of project management is essential to starting your career in project management.
How is content delivered?
This project management course provides 24/7 lifetime access to all eight of its one-hour lectures. The material is desktop and mobile friendly, so whether you prefer to learn at home or on the go, this course interface is user-friendly.
The course is also flexible to your schedule, as it’s delivered online and is self-paced. This makes it a great starter course for working professionals who are considering a career pivot into project management.
At the end, learners receive a certificate of completion that does not expire.
What other learners are saying
Learners themselves have given overwhelmingly positive reviews of the course. Below are some pros and cons to take into consideration.
- Shaw Academy’s app is user friendly
- Wide variety of other courses to choose from
- Learners find the skills learned in this course to be useful
- The course is a great supplement to other PM certifications and coursework
- Videos are of excellent quality
- Lectures provide clear, concise explanations
- Shaw Academy’s app continuously tries to upsell its users
- Learners in this course cannot scroll forward or backward in video
Why you should take Upskillist’s free Project Management course
If you’re considering a career in project management, head over to TechRepublic Academy to check out Upskillist’s free course. It covers all the basics you need to launch your new career path, and it’s free, so you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.