Smartsheet continues to help align people with technology, so their businesses can move faster, hit every target, and achieve more. As a leading work execution platform, it is continuously innovating, so that it can support teams of all sizes as they face the challenges and needs of modern business. This October 2019, it announced new features, enhancements, improvements and the availability of new accelerator packages for its customers.
With the latest release, Smartsheet continues to empower organizations with new features that will help you collaborate, manage, and report on work in real time.
Smartsheet now has a Proofing feature that allows a stakeholder to review and approve a team’s content. When you upload a file, such as an image, to a proof, you can send a review request to team members, clients, vendors and others. ers can pin comments on your file. You can discuss the feedback from the reviewers with your team, and log their approval. You can then upload a new or revised version to continue the process, while keeping the previous versions locked in view-only mode.
Proofing allows people to easily collaborate on content. With this feature, you can place markups and annotated comments on images and PDFs. You can also review and annotate language changes on documents, or give a specific information to a product design mock-up. Licensed users with Owner or Admin permissions can enable Proofing. Licensed users with Owner, Admin, or Editor permissions can upload a proof for review. Clicking the proofing icon in the right panel will display the Proofing panel.
Smartsheet has Conversations feature to allow users to manage work and manage team communication about work, all in one place. You can place a comment in a workspace, on a sheet, or on a specific row on a sheet. With the latest release, comments on a row or on a sheet are now visible in the right panel in Grid, Card, Gantt, Calendar, Edit Row and Report views. You can view conversations on the sheet level and row level. Also, you can now reply to @mentions directly from email, so there is no need to switch apps.
New Automation Features
Automation is a powerful tool for managing repetitive processes, recurring workflows, or multi-step approval processes.
The latest Smartsheet release now includes Move Row, which is the newest action available. You can use it to move rows automatically from one sheet to another based on certain conditions. It can be used when a status changes, or when a date is reached. Move Row can be utilized using the visual workflow editor under the Automation menu. Owners and sheet Admins for both the source and destination sheets can use this capability. Anyone who can edit a sheet can potentially trigger a Move Row action.
A new dropdown field that allows multiple selections is now available with the latest October 2019 release. The Multi Select dropdown column allows you to select one or more values from the dropdown list by checking the checkbox next to each option. With this enhancement, you can create more flexible forms and automations that can collect data more consistently.
Several dashboard improvements are now available.
- Sheet summary – You can now pull content from sheet summary into a dashboard. The sheet summary data option now appears in the metric widget.
- Current user – Dashboard admins now have the option to run reports for the report and chart widget as the widget editor or current dashboard viewer. Running it as the current dashboard viewer will only show rows relating to them on the report and chart widget.
- Widget cut/copy and paste – You can easily copy existing widgets between dashboards, or in the same dashboard. This makes the creation and management of dashboards less time consuming.
Smartsheet accelerators are packaged solutions designed to enable business leaders deploy large-scale initiatives quickly. In the latest October release, 4 new Accelerator packages are now available.
- Accelerator for GDPR – enables organizations to create an integrated operational process for ongoing compliance, monitoring, and reporting of the General Data Protection Regulation by the EU.
- Accelerator for Campaign Management – to help marketing teams focus on the strategy behind their activities, and to help increase the effectiveness of their campaigns.
- Accelerator for Events – enables cross-functional teams to align on strategy so they can consistently deliver high-quality events.
- Accelerator for Marketing Shared Services – to help teams transform the way they work by being more effective as a partner and more efficient in completing projects.
Recommended Project Management Software
If you’re interested in learning more about top rated project management software, the editors at Project-Management.com actively recommend the following:
Tackle complex projects with Wrike’s award-winning project management software. Break projects into simple steps, assign tasks to team members, and visualize progress with Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and calendars. Manage resource allocation and forecasting with software that’s easy to launch. Automation and AI features strip away time-consuming admin tasks so you can do the best work of your life. Streamline your practices, align your team, and ensure you hit deadlines and stay on budget.
Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work. Over 80,000 brands rely on Smartsheet for project and work management.
monday.com Work OS is the project management software that helps you and your team plan, execute, and track projects and workflows in one collaborative space. Manage everything from simple to complex projects more efficiently with the help of visual boards, 200+ ready-made templates, clever no-code automations, and easy integrations. In addition, custom dashboards simplify reporting, so you can evaluate your progress and make data-driven decisions.