5 Team Building Practices Every Organization Should Implement
You can’t underestimate the difference that team building can make to your work environment. Team Building exercises give your employees the chance to step outside of their usual environment and remember why they come to work in the first place. However, you may be unsure of where exactly to start. That’s why we’re going to give you a rundown of some great tried and tested ways of bringing your office or workplace together to make the most out of your time together.
Valued Employees Will Work Twice as Hard
- Bringing your children to work is a great way to make the space around you more fun. Many people find it difficult accepting that they have to limit the time they spend with their children, in order to maximise the amount of time they can spend on their career. This can easily lead to despondency and boredom. However, by having everyone bring their kids to work, you can all benefit from a workplace that is far more fun and dynamic.
- Many people find themselves becoming bored with the role they have been allocated. This is understandable, as going through the same motions day in and day out can take its toll and reduce interest in the workplace. A great way of getting people more engaged with what is going on is by letting them change positions and try out a completely different role. This has to be done carefully, and you can easily try it out and see how people respond by giving it a go at some kind of team sporting event.
- You shouldn’t underestimate the positive effects that exercise can have on people. Many people wish that they had more time to exercise, and find themselves rueing the fact that they are wasting away at their desks. However, by incorporating some kind of great team building exercise sessions into your weekly schedule, everyone can benefit from coming together to get healthy and enjoy some great bonding.
Don’t Skimp on the Gifts for Your Workers
- Many people find themselves spending most of their office lunches on their own, or even at their desks. This is massively demoralising, as well as fairly unhealthy. However, by taking everyone out for the occasional meal, you’re able to bring the entire office together for an enjoyable outing that saves everybody some money. You could always simply order in some takeaway, but this does not have the same effect. Takeaway food is often bland and unhealthy, much like the experience of full time work in an office. By breaking with tradition and heading to your loca Wetherspoons, you can all fully benefit from the experience.
- An effective rewards system within an office can play a strong role in making people glad they chose to work where they did. This is easy to get wrong however. Many people will feel that they are not valued if all they get for their unpaid overtime is an extra raffle ticket. The resulting resentment could lead to drinking on the job, or even leaving altogether. If you’re going to implement some kind of system of recognition and reward, make sure it’s one that will actually be appreciated. For example, extra time off work, or some nice scotch. Cheapness here will lead to the opposite of what you are looking for.
These are just a few of the great ways that you can boost employee productivity, and make people feel valued. The resulting increase in job satisfaction will soon start making itself felt, with more and more happy employees voicing their joy at their choice of workplace. You put in the effort, and they will reciprocate.
Recommended Project Management Software
If you’re interested in learning more about top rated project management software, the editors at Project-Management.com actively recommend the following: