In today’s ultra-competitive global marketplace, advance planning has become a key tool for managers overseeing diverse and busy workgroups. With the right kind of workforce planning software, both known and unknown variables can be factored in to reduce uncertainty and maximize output.
In this post, learn about 5 excellent workforce planning software tools and how they work.
Types of Workforce Planning
There are two levels of workforce planning that any software package must address. These levels are operational and strategic.
1. Operational: Operational planning can also be thought of as employee management, both for individual employees and work teams as a whole.
2. Strategic: Strategic planning can be viewed as creating and monitoring a big picture perspective of how work teams grow, change and evolve over time, and how talent needs can change as this occurs.
5 Excellent Workforce Software Planning Tools
There are many software tools designed to simplify HR management tasks. These are 5 top performers to consider.
BambooHR is tailored towards the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. From the start, BambooHR cuts overhead with its paperless interface. BambooHR also offers HR managers effortless consolidation across departments and tasks.
Ways BambooHR can save your company money:
- Track pay, benefits and training per employee and across the workforce.
- Simple system for employees and managers to manage time off requests.
- Customized permission levels permit online document storage and records access.
- All reports, such as past and current compensation for injury at work, are fully customizable.
PARiM leverages cloud technology to provide a fully online software platform with access for three different workgroups: managers, employees and clients. With secure storage via Amazon Web Services, it is safe to access for in-office and virtual users.
Ways PARiM can save your company money:
- This software is ISO 27001 and HIPAA compliant, so remote data access is totally secure and safe from any device (iOS, Android, apps, mobile devices, laptops, et al).
- The software creates and maintains a complete audit history as it goes, making it easy to track important metrics such as workplace injury prevention statistics as needed.
- This tool gives employees self-serve access and makes managing work schedules and away requests a breeze.
- The software generates very little paper-based information and stores a tremendous amount of data via the cloud-based platform.
Replicon is an ideal employee management tool in that both managers and employees can view and manage their work goals in the short and long-term.
Ways Replicon can save your company money:
- Makes tracking assigned versus worked hours and catching discrepancies easy.
- Tracks important activities such as trainings, meetings with employees, meetings with an in-house or independent work injury lawyer as needed, performance reviews and more.
- Adjusting the work schedule for short-term time away requests is simple and quick.
- With just a few clicks, managers can view who is scheduled to work on what tasks when.
Zenefits is designed to be a full-service workforce management tool that minimizes (and in some cases eliminates) paperwork and greatly reduces administrative tasks associated with personnel management.
Ways Zenefits can save your company money:
- Large capacity for storing documents online with customized access levels.
- Platform allows for use via mobile apps for iOS and Android so employees can track time, submit time away requests and contact other employees easily.
- Software syncs with payroll systems to automate payroll functions.
- The software provides a way to track a wide variety of key metrics for each employee and whole workgroups.
Dayforce is another cloud-based software tool that makes managing different types and levels of employees, both in-office and virtual, fast and easy.
Ways Dayforce can save your company money:
- Integrates with iOS and Android mobile apps for employee self-serve tools and manager tools alike.
- As a SaaS (software as a service) platform, Dayforce automatically syncs between modules and eliminates the need to purchase hardware/software and make updates.
- Makes it easy to manage hourly, contract and salaried employees.
- Revisit and track completion of goals per employee and workgroup.
Each of these 5 workforce software tools can assist your company to reduce overhead, maximize productivity, enforce compliance with policies, automate audits and make managing today’s ever more complex workgroups simple and quick.